Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.68Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.94Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.07Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.78Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $13.97
About this product
- DescriptionQuestion: Do you believe in true love? Well, Marcus does. Do you then, believe in hour and valour? That's good because Marcus does too. So would you fight and possibly give up you life for your one true love? Marcus is doing that right w. The only little difference between Marcus and you is he is over six thousand years old.... oh, and he is also a vampire. And t just any ordinary, run of the mill, common-as-muck old vampire either. He is one of the original royals. One of the first eleven vampires ever made to rule over all the humans on Earth. But that was thousands of years ago and w, vampires don't rule anymore. Some peculiar people think they don't even exist anymore. Go figure! Marcus' tale is an account of his journey to find love, redemption and peace. Though a little misguided in his egoistic and arrogant actions, he is trying to do things right. It's just that our version of right and his version of right are more than worlds apart. From Italy to La Push, Marcus searches for his one true love, battling rogue vampires, werewolves and his own inner demons along the way. You see, Marcus has the ability to mind control everyone. He can force his will onto others and command them to do, act or think whatever he wants of them. Sounds kind of cool huh? Imagine that ability, that power to make anyone; do anything, anytime you want. Well, after thousands of years, having that super-ability makes everyday life incredibly boring for poor old Marcus. Till; that is, one day when he meets a mortal woman that he can't control, can't influence and can't make her do what he wants. Problem solved then right? He's found his perfect woman. Now he just has to make her want to love him and it's all done and dusted. There's just one small snag, one tiny little stumbling block for dear old Marcus. She is a mortal human and she just happens to be totally in love with ather immortal vampire. So Marcus decides to go after this human girl and try to make her want to love him. It's a fitting challenge after centuries of motous boredom for him and one that he feels compelled to try to win. Oh, If only life were indeed that simple. After stumbling over a hurdle that temporarily kcks the wind from his sails, he ends up meeting ather mortal human and she becomes his one true love. Naturally, she is all that he really wants. He is one hundred percent in love with her and considers forgetting about the other girl, the one that can choose to deny him. He is ecstatic and in heaven with his dream girl but unbekwnst to him; she too, has a deep dark secret of her own, one that brings Marcus' world to its knees and possibly brings his immortal existence to its untimely end. Marcus' search for true love takes him from being looked upon as evil and cruel and heartless to one where compassion, hour and respect make Marcus into a wonderful anti-hero. He evolves and grows and becomes so much more than he ever considered himself to be. Accepted, loved, wanted and cherished, all things he never dreamt he could be or ever would be; but finally he is. By saving a helpless little town from certain slaughter, Marcus helps save himself and finds his inner demons are t all that they appear to be, that he can be human too, well, sort of... It's all about looking for love, love of someone else, love of self. Love and the lack thereof and what we will do to achieve it, even for the briefest, shortest moment. Do you dare? Do you also dare to give it all up? Marcus does. Because true love is never about the self, it is always and only about the other, that is what true love is. Marcus finds this out when he gives himself to ather. That is when he finds himself to be whole and unbroken and complete. There's just a tiny little bit of Marcus in all of us. Sad but true.
- Author(s)MR Francis Peter Koppenhagen
- Date of Publication20/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight730 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.