CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis wonderful book takes an affectionate, entertaining and perceptive look at the English people. Here are their traditions, foibles, quirks, customs, humour and achievements, triumphs and failures, peccadilloes and passions. Travel through England from coast to coast and learn how every county contributes in unique and different ways to the distinct English personality. Marvel at crooked black and white halls in Cheshire and soft golden stone cottages in Midland villages. Go cheese rolling in Gloucestershire, discover the origins of cricket in Hampshire, savour a hot pot in Lancashire and a pudding in Yorkshire. Gasp at the glories of stately homes and the families that create them, upstairs and down, enjoy a pint. Listen to the memories and tales of ordinary folk from every walk of life and find out from them what it means to be English. This irresistible book is packed with fascinating trivia and amusing stories that will entertain and inform for hours on end.
- Author BiographyChristopher Winn's first book was the bestselling I Never Knew That About England. Volumes on Ireland, Scotland, Wales, London, the English, Irish and Scottish followed and he has recently published books on the Lake District, Yorkshire and the River Thames alongside an illustrated edition of I Never Knew That About England. A freelance writer and collector of trivia for over 20 years, he has worked with Terry Wogan and Jonathan Ross and sets quiz questions for television as well as for the Daily Mail and the Daily Telegraph. He is married to artist Mai Osawa, who illustrates all the books in the series. His website is www.i-never-knew-that.com.
- Author(s)Christopher Winn
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication04/09/2008
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEbury Press
- Out-of-print date01/07/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations, map
- Weight480 g
- Width143 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.