All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionFor most people, the reasons for the sudden collapse of our ecomy still remain obscure. I.O.U. is the story of how we came to experience such a complete financial disaster, starting with the magical proliferation of credit that led to an explosion of lending on the global and local landscapes of banking and finance. Viewing the crisis through the lens of politics, culture, and contemporary history from the invention and widespread misuse of financial instruments to the culpability of subprime mortgages Lanchester deftly draws conclusions on the limitations of financial and governmental regulation, capitalism s deepest flaw, and most important, on the plain and simple facts of human nature where cash is concerned. With newly updated, superbly written reportage, Lanchester delivers a shrewd perspective and a digestible, comprehensive analysis that connects the dots for expert and casual reader alike. Part ecomic primer, part fiscal and historical analysis, I.O.U. is an eye-opener of a book.
- Author(s)John Lanchester
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight254 g
- Width166 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.