Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the autobiography of an 83 year old man from his birth in 1927 to his age of 20. It is his personal memories of growing up during the Great Depression and World War II which he calls those days. The narrative and dialogue are frank, serious, traumatic, dramatic, and humorous. His memories are of his experiences and thoughts at that time. The memories include the stupidity of youth, fears, feelings of guilt, braggadocio, accomplishments, education, and sexual awareness, all with honesty. Critical to the story is his relationship with his family, particularly his mother and father, and with his wife-to-be. Scattered throughout the story are his thoughts on the depression, World War II, and a little bit of politics. The story should appeal to his peers and younger people for a picture of life in those days as well as some stalgia.
- Author BiographyJames lives in a suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania with his wife, Virginia. Their only child, Suzanne, lives in Santa Barbara, California. James, Virginia, and Suzanne enjoy discussing and writing on current events. James is a retired fellow engineer.
- Author(s)McMillen,McMillen James
- Date of Publication05/10/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.