All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat It's Like to Die-from Someone Who Did. Why are we afraid of dying? Where does death lead? Is there an afterlife? I Shook Hands with Death offers the answers as Pastor Mike Robertson shares his heartfelt account of dying at 19 in an east Texas lake, seeing his lifeless body, and then suddenly being brought back to life. Robertson's encounter with death-a near death encounter (NDE)-is a candid conversation with the reader about death, the supernatural world, God's love, our identity, the use of time, and how our priorities should be shaped by the deeper reality of God's Kingdom and presence. I Shook Hands with Death is a comforting read about uncomfortable realities-living and dying with purpose-in a physical world woven with the supernatural. Easy-to-read, and conversational in tone, Robertson goes to great lengths to help everyone see the supernatural presence of God in transforming the most stubborn of hearts.
- Author BiographyA native Texan, Mike proudly hails from West Texas. Raised in the small town of Littlefield with five sisters and two brothers, had a way of teaching him things that could never be garnered from a textbook. What started out with rough beginnings has blossomed into a full time ministry. Some thought he would go the way of the world but Jesus Christ stepped in when he was nineteen. Mike often quips: I owe everything to the church. It gave me my friends, a great wife and a purpose for taking up space on the planet. Mike earned his bachelor's degree from Southwestern Assemblies of God University. He went on to earn his Master of Divinity from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. He pursued doctoral studies at Fuller Theological Seminary. Robertson and his wife, Karen, were the pastors of Praise Temple in Burleson, Texas when they received a God Nudge to go to Southern California. It was in Oceanside that they planted Family Fellowship Church, and were the pastors there for 15 years. Mike then became the Vice President of University Advancement at Southwestern Assemblies of God University (SAGU) in Waxahachie, Texas. Today, Mike Robertson is the Lead Pastor of Visalia First Assembly, having moved to Visalia in February 2008. Currently, over 4,000 people visit Visalia First Assembly on a weekly basis, and it is growing steadily. One of Mike's favorite sayings is, Give us a year of your life, and you'll never be the same!
- Author(s)Mike Robertson
- PublisherAuthentic Media
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuthentic Media
- Weight319 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.64Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.