All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionTherapist Michael Ungar, world-rewned on topics of family and youth in crisis, takes us into his world each Wednesday, when he meets with three families with very troubled children. Here, Michael shares a side of himself that is t the all-kwing therapist: he too was a troubled teen, growing up an emotionally and physically abusive home. In the book, Michael shares nine strategies for raising problem-free and flourishing children: Structure Consequences Parent-child connections Lots of peer and adult relationships A powerful identity A sense of control A sense of belonging, spirituality, and life purpose Fair and just treatments by others Safety and support Hopeful in tone, and using kwledge gathered across cultures, I Still Love You shows that it is never too late to help a child.
- Author BiographyMichael Ungar is a professor of social work and a marriage and family therapist based at Dalhousie University. He is internationally recognized for his work in more than a dozen countries on resilience and at-risk youth, and appears regularly on radio and television. Michael lives in Halifax.
- Author(s)Michael Ungar
- PublisherDundurn Group Ltd
- Date of Publication03/01/2015
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDundurn Group Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight316 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.