All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
About this product
- DescriptionSelecting something to wear to your child's wedding can be one of the most stressful purchasing experiences in life! This handbook of fashion advice for Mothers of the Brides and Grooms is guaranteed to make this experience less stressful. Drawing on her many years of experience, expert wedding stylist Barbara Coolidge Tibbetts provides invaluable information to mothers of the bride and groom. By sharing stories of catastrophe and triumph, she helps keep the whole wedding process in perspective as she leads mothers through the maze of misinformation to the ultimate goal of looking their best at their child's wedding.
- Author BiographyBarbara Coolidge Tibbetts is considered by many designers and manufacturers alike, as the authority in the country on fashions for mothers of the bride and groom. In 1991 Barbara, along with her daughter Terrie Tibbetts Martin, opened T. Carolyn, a unique store specializing in mothers of the bride and groom fashions. Together, this dynamic duo has been called Houston's Grande Dames of fashion for mothers at the wedding by the Houston Chronicle. Having participated in hundreds of weddings as a musician, Barbara has witnessed firsthand what really happens at a wedding. This book was inspired when it became apparent that there was a myriad of misinformation being passed on to mothers, which affected what they should wear. It became increasingly apparent that mothers needed an advocate to bring reason to the whole selection process. For over 18 years Barbara has helped thousands of mothers find that perfect dress for that special occasion. Over the course of the years she has heard stories that are humorous, poignant, and unbelievable. Using these as lessons, she set out to author a book that would be entertaining as well as informative. Barbara's childhood was spent on the island of Trinidad, West Indies where her parents were missionaries. She attended the prestigious St. Andrews Private School. At the age of 15 her parents returned to the United States. Barbara showed musical talent from an early age and when she enrolled at Anderson University in Indiana she declared a major in music. In 1960 she married her childhood sweetheart, Owen, whom she had met while living in Trinidad. His father was a ship captain and had been transferred to Trinidad where they met. She continued her education and graduated from the University of Tulsa School of Music in 1963 with a Bachelor of Music Education Degree. Having traveled to many parts of the world and attended weddings both stateside and abroad, she has an understanding of various cultural and traditional elements. In 1986 Barbara, along with her daughter, Terrie, started an import company, International Fine Leather Co., specializing in exotic leather accessories. Having acquired invaluable experience and insight into the world of importing and fashion, the mother/daughter team saw the need for a store which catered to mothers of the bride and groom. 18 years later they have established an unparalleled reputation for being the source nationally for mothers of the bride and groom.
- Author(s)Barbara Coolidge Tibbetts
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication26/08/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.