Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by pozorbooks
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- Description<i>Now there is a hand to hold... </i></p>Each year about eight million Americans suffer the death of someone close to them. Now for thse who face the challenges of sudden death, there is a hand to hold, written by two women who have experienced sudden loss. This updated edition of the best-selling bereavement classic will touch, comfort, uplift and console. Authors Brook Noel and Pamela D. Blair, Ph.D. explore sudden death and offers a comforting hand to hold for those who are grieving the sudden death of a loved one.</p>Featured on ABC World News, Fox and Friends and many other shows, this book acts as a touchstone of sanity through difficult times. I Wasn't Ready to Say Goodbye covers such difficult topics as the first few weeks, suicide, death of a child, children and grief, funerals and rituals, physical effects, homicide and depression. New material covers the unique circumstances of loss, men and women's grieving styles, religion and faith, myths and misunderstandings, I Wasn't Ready to Say Goodbye reflects the shifting face of grief. These pages have offered solace to over eighty thousand people, ranging from seniors to teenagers and from the newly bereaved to those who lost a loved one years ago. Individuals engulfed by the immediate aftermath will find a special chapter covering the first few weeks.</p>Tapping their personal histories and drawing on numerous interviews, authors Brook Noel and Pamela D. Blair, Ph.D, explore unexpected death and its role in the cycle of life. I Wasn't Ready to Say Goodbye provides survivors with a rock-steady anchor from which to weather the storm of pain and begin to rebuild their lives.</p><b>PRAISE FOR I WASN'T READY TO SAY GOODBYE </b></p><i> I highly recommend this book, t only to the bereaved, but to friends and counselors as well. </i><b>Helen Fitzgerald, author of The Grieving Child, The Mourning Handbook, and The Grieving Teen</b></p><i> This book, by women who have done their homework on grief... can hold a hand and comfort a soul through grief 's wilderness. Oustanding references of where to see other help. </i><b>George C. Kandle, Pastoral Psychologist</b></p><i> Finally, you have found a friend who can t only explain what has just occurred, but can take you by the hand and lead you to a place of healing and personal growth. Whether you are dealing with the loss of a family member, a close personal associate or a friend, this guide can help you survive and cope, but even more importantly... heal. </i><b>The Rebecca Review</b></p><i> For those dealing with the loss of a loved one, or for those who want to help someone who is, this is a highly recommended read. </i><b>Midwest Book Review</b></p>
- Author BiographyPamela D. Blair, Ph.D. is a psychotherapist and pastoral counselor in private practice in Hawthorne, New York. Brook Noel is a CEO, author, speaker and mom. She has been featured in hundreds of shows and magazines, including ABC World News, CNN Headline News and Fox & Friends. She is the author of The Change Your Life Challenge and several other books.
- Author(s)Noel Blake
- PublisherSourcebooks, Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationNaperville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSourcebooks, Inc
- Weight526 g
- Width153 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.