All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $50.21Trending at AU $51.48
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $18.96
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $18.81
- AU $24.53Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $28.23Trending at AU $28.76
- AU $4.45Trending at AU $6.00
- AU $15.70Trending at AU $19.75
About this product
- DescriptionWhether you have forgotten what you learned or are starting fresh, <i>I Wish I Knew That Math</i> is a great guide which teaches anything from basic operations to more complex mathematics, including geometry, money, logic and probability in a clear, concise manner. Math, so often a mystery to children, is simply explained in <b><i>I Wish I Knew That Math.</i></b> With clear, commonsense explanations of mathematical concepts and fun and interesting applications, this book is a great way to increase your understanding of math. The concepts addressed include, but are certainly t limited to: <ul><li>Basic operations - addition, subtraction, multiplication and division</li><li>The math behind money</li><li>The connections between math and music</li><li>Irrational numbers - Why did Pythagoras have one of his followers killed just for talking about the square root of 2?</li><li>The value of zero</li><li>Angles - from acute, all the way to reflexive</li><li>Coordinates and the Cartesian plane</li><li>Probability - What is the likelihood of being struck by lightning?</li><li>Logic - induction, deduction and Sherlock Holmes</li><li>Computers and algorithms</li><li>Code breaking - from ancient Rome to super computers</li></ul> With its readable style and engaging examples, <i> I Wish I Knew That: Math </i>can give children a head start or a helping hand in their understanding of math. Even grownups could learn a thing or two that they may have forgotten or maybe things they never learned at all!
- Author Biography<b>Mike Goldsmith, Ph.D.</b>, studied astrophysics at Keele University, where he earned his PhD, and is a freelance research scientist. He has written several books for children and lives in Teddington, England.
- Author(s)Dr Michael Goldsmith
- PublisherReader's Digest Juvenile
- Date of Publication10/05/2012
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleI Wish I Knew That
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintReader's Digest Juvenile
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width132 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.