All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionSelections from the writings of a very original author assembled under the headings of: I. Recollections II. Ecomics III. Creation, God and Religion IV. The Natural World V. Essays and Encounters VI. Dreaming.
- Author BiographyDouglas Haig Simpson was born in 1919 and grew up in California where both parents were officers in the Salvation Army and all five of their children were involved in the work. During World War II Douglas taught instrument flying for the Army Air Force. After the War he majored in economics at the University of California at Berkeley. Following that he obtained a contractor's license and did a variety of jobs with houses. He built a few of his own design, consulted about the problems with old houses, bought and restored houses, rented them out or sold them. At 40 he married Elaine Wesley and they had two children. In 1975 the family moved to rural Grass Valley where they lived for nearly 25 years. For the last two years of his life he and his wife lived at the Veterans Home of California in Yountville. Douglas died there in 2001 aged 82. In his seventies he had become increasingly interested in writing and by 80 being a writer had become his main occupation and identity.
- Author(s)Douglas Haig Simpson
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication17/06/2002
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight384 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.