All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA practical book on meditation and enlightenment, a must read for any spritual seeker. A less rational and more poetic Eckhart Tolle; Kahlil Gibran meets Krishnamurti. Ilie Cioara's message is original and unique, as he never travelled to India and never belonged to any traditional school. By practising the silence of the mind, through an all-encompassing attention, we discover and fulfill our innermost potential of becoming one with the divine spark that lies dormant within us. I Am Boundlessness I am spontaneous simplicity Mind, heart and feeling, A whole being, absolute fullness Love in action. This state Reveals itself naturally; When the mind is awakened, All becomes One. The past melts away In the light of all-encompassing Attention; In emptiness, the Sacred reveals itself In its natural brilliance. Experiencing the moment, The personal mind is dissipated Expanding into Infinity As Universal Mind. Each such encounter Transforms us radically, For in each sparkle of consciousness We are newness, Divinity, Reality!
- Author BiographyIlie Cioara was an enlightened mystic who lived in Eastern Europe. His writings in 16 books describe the experience of meditation and enlightenment, as well as the practice of Self-knowing using all-encompassing Attention. Like Ramana Maharshi, Krishnamurti, Ekhart Tolle, his is a simple message of discovering our inner divine nature through the silence of the mind. The Silence of the Mind is the first in a tetralogy by Ilie Cioara to be published by OBooks, to be followed by The Wondrous Journey into the Depth of Our Being, Life is Eternal Newness and I Am Boundlessness. The author's description of enlightenment. 'I was 55 years old. One morning, waking up from my sleep, I noticed that, psychologically, I was functioning differently from the night before. The mind had lost its usual turmoil. In a state of serenity I had never felt before, I was functioning in perfect communion with my whole somatic structure. Only after a couple of hours I realized what had happened to me, without pursuing this 'something' as an ideal to accomplish. I was, to use a simile, in the situation of a man blind from birth, who had just gained his sight after undergoing surgery. Everything around me was as new. I had an overall perspective on things. A silent mind allows the senses to perceive things as they are. The mind in its totality had become, through silence, an immense mirror in which the outside world was reflected. And the world I was perceiving directly through senses revealed its own reality to me. My fellow beings, close friends or complete strangers, were being regarded indiscriminately, with a feeling of love I had never felt before. If any reaction of the mind surfaced, it disappeared immediately in contact with the sparkle of impersonal Attention. A state of quiet and all-encompassing joy characterized me in all circumstances, whether pleasant or painful. My behaviour was that of a simple witness, perfectly aware of what was happening around me, without affecting my all-encompassing state of peace.'
- Author(s)Ilie Cioara
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication26/10/2012
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationNew Alresford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintO Books
- Weight154 g
- Width138 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.