All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Malala is an inspiration to girls and women all over the world.' - J.K. Rowling Written by Malala in collaboration with critically acclaimed author, Patricia McCormick, this children's edition tells the remarkable story of a girl who knew from a young age that she wanted to change the world - and did. Her journey will open your eyes to ather world and will make you believe in hope, truth, miracles, and the determination of one person to inspire change. Raised in a once-peaceful area of Pakistan transformed by terrorism, Malala was taught to stand up for what she believes. So she fought for her right to be educated. And on 9 October, 2012, she nearly lost her life for the cause. She was shot point-blank on her way home from school. No one expected her to survive. Now, she is an international symbol of peaceful protest and the youngest-ever Nobel Peace Prize winner. This is a must-listen for anyone who believes in the power of change. Read by Neela Vaswani and winner of the GRAMMY award winner for Children's Album, 2015.
- Author BiographyMalala Yousafzai was born in 1997 in the Swat Valley of Pakistan which she saw transformed from a beautiful and peaceful land to a place of fear and repression under the control of the Taliban. Malala now lives in Birmingham, England, and says she has been given a second life, which she intends to devote to her belief that children everywhere deserve an education. In 2014 she was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. The fund she started can be found at malalafund.org. Patricia McCormick is a two-time NATIONAL BOOK AWARD finalist and the author of several critically acclaimed books for young adults, including SOLD, an account of human trafficking based on her research in the brothels of Calcutta, and NEVER FALL DOWN, the story of a boy who survived the Killing Fields of Cambodia by playing music. McCormick was named a New York Foundation for the Arts Fellow in 2004 and a MacDowell Fellow in 2009. She is also the winner of the 2009 GERMAN PEACE PRIZE FOR YOUTH LITERATURE. She lives in New York with her husband. For more information, go to patriciamccormick.com or follow Patricia on Twitter @McCormickWrites.
- Author(s)Malala Yousafzai,Patricia McCormick
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication13/11/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOrion Children's Books (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Weight148 g
- Width138 mm
- Height147 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Read byNeela Vaswani
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time294
- Edition StatementUnabridged
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 3
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $40.15Trending at AU $49.57
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.48
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $48.42
- AU $10.73Trending at AU $14.14
- AU $17.92Trending at AU $28.44
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $49.09
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.