Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.60
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.48
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.20
About this product
- DescriptionA kaleidoscopic, epic vel about a lovestruck radio operator who discovers a secret society...In 1975, a black child is mysteriously born to white parents. His name is Radar Radmavic. Falling in with a secretive group of puppeteers and scientists who stage performances in war zones around the world, he is soon forced to confront the true nature of his identity. Though Radar is raised in suburban New Jersey, his story rapidly becomes entangled with events stretching from Belgrade in a time of siege to arctic Norway, from Cambodia in the years before the murderous Khmer Rouge regime to the modern-day Congo. It explores the furthest reaches of quantum physics, forgotten history and human experience. It's also about one man, one family and how far you may need to travel to kw yourself. I Am Radar is greater than all of its remarkable parts, a breathtaking, highly addictive joyride that finally arrives at a place of wonder.
- Author BiographyReif Larsen is the author of The Selected Works of T.S. Spivet which was shortlisted for the Guardian First Book Award and the James Tait Black Memorial Prize, and has now been made into a film by Jean-Pierre Jeuent, the director of Amelie. He studied at Brown University and has taught at Columbia University. His essays and fiction have appeared in the New York Times, the Guardian, Tin House, The Millions and The Believer. He lives in Scotland.
- Author(s)Reif Larsen
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication26/03/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarvill Secker
- Out-of-print date15/07/2016
- Weight1126 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine57 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.