IBM SPSS by Example: A Practical Guide to Statistical Data Analysis by Alan C. Elliott, Wayne A. Woodward (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $75.26Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $64.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe updated Second Edition of Alan C. Elliott and Wayne A. Woodward's cut to the chase IBM SPSS guide quickly explains the when, where, and how of statistical data analysis as it is used for real-world decision making in a wide variety of disciplines. This one-stop reference provides succinct guidelines for performing an analysis using SPSS software, avoiding pitfalls, interpreting results, and reporting outcomes. Written from a practical perspective, IBM SPSS by Example, Second Edition provides a wealth of information-from assumptions and design to computation, interpretation, and presentation of results-to help users save time, money, and frustration. New to this edition: *Step-by-step SPSS instructions have been integrated into every example. *An all-new chapter describes the three methods used by SPSS to create graphics. *A new Chapter 10 on Factor Analysis has been added. *Examples in every chapter have been enhanced with added discussion and more detail. *Additional screen shots and a redesigned format make the book easier to read and information easier to locate. *All examples have been updated to reflect features in the latest version of SPSS.
- Author BiographyAlan Elliott is the Director of the Statistical Consulting Center at Southern Methodist University within the Department of Statistical Science. Previously he served as a statistical consultant in the Department of Clinical Science at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas for 30 years. Elliott holds master's degrees in Business Administration (MBA) and Applied Statistics (MAS). He has authored or coauthored over 35 scientific articles and over a dozen books including the Directory of Microcomputer Statistical Software, Microcomputing with Applications, Using Norton Utilities, SAS Essentials, Applied Time Series Analysis, and Statistical Analysis Quick reference Guidebook with SPSS Examples. Elliott has taught university-level courses in statistics, statistical consulting, and statistical computing for over twenty-five years. Wayne A. Woodward, Ph.D., is a Professor of Statistics and chair of the Department of Statistical Science at Southern Methodist University. He is a fellow of the American Statistical Association and was the 2004 recipient of the Don Owen award for excellence in research, statistical consulting, and service to the statistical community. In 2007 he received the Outstanding Presentation Award given by the Section on Physical and Engineering Sciences at the 2007 Joint Statistical Meetings in Salt Lake City, Utah. In 2003 he was named a Southern Methodist University Distinguished Teaching Professor by the university's Center for Teaching Excellence, and he received the 2006-2007 Scholar/Teacher of the Year Award at SMU, an award given by the United Methodist Church. . Over the last 35 years he has served as statistical consultant to a wide variety of clients in the scientific community and has taught statistics courses ranging from introductory undergraduate statistics courses to graduate courses within the Ph.D. program in Statistics at Southern Methodist University. He has been funded on numerous research grants and contracts from government and industry to study such issues as global warming and nuclear monitoring. He has authored or coauthored over 70 scientific papers and four books.
- Author(s)Alan C. Elliott,Wayne A. Woodward
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication03/03/2015
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight558 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $13.09Trending at AU $16.63
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.