All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.47Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionIMS Multimedia Telephony service has been standardized in 3GPP as the replacement of the circuit switched telephony service in cellular networks. The multimedia telephony service consists of several service components such as voice, video and text. 'IMS Multimedia Telephony over Cellular Systems' provides a comprehensive overview of the service that will enable enriched telephony for mobile users. Enriched telephony fulfils the user's desire to communicate in new ways, for example by sharing pictures and video clips. In addition to an overview of the Multimedia Telephony service, the book focuses on the modern media processing methods, which allows the quality of the packet switched voice and video telephony t only to match but also possibly exceed the quality of circuit switched telephony. Such key components as adaptive jitter buffering and adaptation of conversational media are explained in detail. Key features: * Detailed description of how Multimedia Telephony sessions are set-up and controlled * Analysis showing the capacity and quality of VoIP and Multimedia Telephony in cellular networks * Coverage of other IMS services such as PoC specified by 3GPP and OMA * Description of suitable QoS and radio bearers for Multimedia Telephony * Explanation of the modern radio interface, especially High Speed Packet Access, which is based on concepts such as link adaptation and fast hybrid ARQ The possibilities for the current and future standards covered in this book make it an indispensable resource for engineers, designers and researchers in VoIP, telecommunication companies and universities teaching and conducting research in telecommunications. It will also be of interest to managers needing an in-depth kwledge of the engineering and key issues of this complex techlogy, and students aspiring to develop a career in this area.
- Author BiographyShyam Chakraborty (PhD) has worked at Ericsson Corporate Research in Finland since 2005. Before this, he was the Academy Research Fellow, Academy of Finland, at the Communications Laboratory, Dept. of ECE, Helsinki University of Technology. Tomas Frankkila works as a Research Scientist at Ericsson in Sweden, and has published papers on wireless communications. Janne Peisa (PhD) is a Section Manager at Ericsson in Finland, and has published many conference papers in the field of WCDMA and 3G. Per Synnergren (PhD) works as a Senior Specialist for Ericsson in Sweden. He is active in the area of R&D and standardization for IP based services and media transported over a wireless link (focusing on IMS based services and 3GPP wireless access networks).
- Author(s)Janne Peisa,Per Synnergren,Shyam Chakraborty,Tomas Frankkila
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication26/01/2007
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight846 g
- Width176 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.