IP for 3G: Networking Technologies for Mobile Communications by Philip Eardley, Dave Wisely, Louise Burness (Hardback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is an a all--IPa network? What difference will IP networking make to 3G services? Third Generation (3G) mobile offers access to broadband multimedia services -- and in the future most of these, even voice and video, will be IP--based. However 3G networks are t based on IP techlogies, rather they are an evolution from existing 2G networks. Much work needs to be done to IP QoS and mobility protocols and architectures for them to be able to provide the functionality 3G requires. IP for 3G gives a comprehensive overview of 3G networking functionality and examines how IP protocols can be developed to provide some of the basic building blocks of a mobile system (mobility, QoS and call control) Features: aeo Clear explanation of how 3G works at the network level. aeo Review of IP protocol and architectural principles. aeo Extensive review, classification and analysis of IP mobility protocols -- macro and micro-- including IPv6. aeo Analysis of IP QoS protocols and proposed solutions for mobile networks. aeo Tutorial on SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) and how SIP can be used for multimedia session control. aeo Description of latest UMTS developments -- including Release 5. aeo Discussion of 4G networks -- what does 4G mean? IP for 3G will appeal to mobile telecommunications and network engineers who want to kw about future developments as well as system designers and developers. Students and academics on postgraduate courses related to telecommunications, especially 3G networking or IP protocols, will find this text ideal supplementary reading, only assuming a general kwledge of GSM and general networking principles.
- Author(s)Dave Wisely,Louise Burness,Philip Eardley
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication27/06/2002
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight770 g
- Width196 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.