Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.05Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.99+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOh, all the amazing things your iPad and iPad 2 can do! Lightweight, powerful, and perfect for reading and staying in touch, iPads are fun and practical for today's seniors, as long as you kw how to use all the bells and whistles. That's where this helpful guide comes in. Written in the friendly For Dummies style and sporting senior-friendly larger type and full-color illustrations, this book can help you get the most out of your iPad or iPad 2, even if you don't ordinarily use a computer. This new edition includes pages of updated content, including the latest features in iOS 5 and iCloud. You'll first learn to set up your iPad, get familiar with the touchscreen interface, and explore accessibility features. Then you'll learn to browse the Internet with mobile Safari, use maps, set up and manage your e-mail, buy and read e-books, download and play music and movies, work with photos, make FaceTime video calls, and discover how to extend the iPad's capability even more with apps. * Covers the iPad and iPad 2 * Includes senior-friendly larger fonts and full-color illustrations * Explains how to use the iPad in the clear, friendly, easy-to-follow language that has defined the Dummies series for two decades * Covers using maps and the calendar, video chatting with FaceTime, browsing the web, using your iPad for e-mail and Facebook, buying apps and games, reading iBooks, playing music, watching videos, viewing photos, user security and safety, and more * New edition is updated with new content on iOS 5 and iCloud features, including iMessage, Newsstand, Reminders, Reader and Reading List tools, and more The iPad combines the best of your favorite gadgets into one amazing device whatever you want your iPad to do, the fun starts with iPad 2 For Seniors For Dummies.
- Author BiographyNancy C. Muir is a writer and consultant as well as the author of more than 60 books, including Computers For Seniors For Dummies and Using the Internet Safely For Seniors For Dummies. She writes a technology column for Retirenet.com and also assists seniors with technology at TechSmartSenior.com.
- Author(s)Nancy C. Muir
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication06/01/2012
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight748 g
- Width190 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Most relevant reviews
- jilly194405 Nov, 2012by
Absolutely first rate!
Absolutely first class! I am a product of the 'pre-technology' age, but this has really helped me t enjoy my IPad. Would recommend this to anyone - not just the seniors.
- townsendt-5102 May, 2012by
Would happily purchase for another relo, but not Uncle Stan as he smells
After only one week this book has already been a real bonus for my 83 y.o. grandfather. It is informative, does not confuse you with over the top detail and the larger print is great for him. Coupled with the training course he is taking at his retirement village he will soon know more about the iPad than his much younger grandson (me)!!
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08