ISO 14001 and Beyond: Environmental Management Systems in the Real World by Christopher Sheldon (Paperback, 1997)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $38.52Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $11.61Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn September 1st 1996, ISO 14001 was published, worldwide. Written over five years in consultation with international industrial experts, n-governmental organizations and regulators, this environmental management systems standard will help organizations manage their impacts on the environment, matter what their size, nature or location. The implications for the future are ermous. But what does the standard mean in the real world? What changes do managers have to make to accommodate its principles? What decisions need to be faced and when? Is it really going to make a difference or is it just ather case of global greenwash? Will it be ather missed opportunity for you, your organisation, or your market? At the start of what promises to be a worldwide explosion of interest in standardised EMSs, ISO 14001 and Beyond looks at their creation, their use, and their limitations, attempting to discover the essential truth about this important management tool and where it will take industry. ISO 14001 and Beyond assembles the leading thinkers and practitioners in the field to record their thoughts and experiences on the new standard, its advantages and disadvantages. The book is designed to provide the reader with eugh information with which to form an opinion on the future, and how that will influence subsequent actions. It also provides reassurance that, although the problems are real, so are the solutions. ISO 14001 and Beyond gives you the opportunity to read what some of the best minds have made of the standard so far and what they think lies ahead. There are reports covering a global spectrum of concern: from the US, Russia, Japan, Canada, Germany, the UK, and more; from multinationals, small- and medium-sized enterprises, local government, universities and professional bodies. All this material is gathered together in one book to give you the best, most meaningful information for the crucial decisions that you will need to make in the coming months.
- Author BiographyCHRISTOPHER SHELDON is Director of Green Inck, an international environmental consultancy, advising companies of all sizes on strategy, training and communications. He has been involved in the creation and implementation of EMS standards since their inception.
- Author(s)Christopher Sheldon
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/1997
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationSaltaire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGreenleaf Publishing
- Content Notemap
- Weight630 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byJohn Elkington
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $20.02Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.