IT (Information Technology) Portfolio Management Step-by-Step: Unlocking the Business Value of Technology by Robert Handler, Brian Maizlish (Hardback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $64.79Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPraise for IT Portfolio Management Step-by-Step : 'Bryan Maizlish and Robert Handler bring their deep experience in IT 'value realization' to one of the most absent of all IT management practices - portfolio management. They capture the essence of universally proven investment practices and apply them to the most difficult of challenges - returning high strategic and dollar payoffs from an enterprise's IT department. The reader will find many new and rewarding insights to making their IT investments finally return market leading results' - John C. Reece, Chairman and CEO, John C. Reece & Associates, LLC Former deputy commissioner for modernization and CIO of the IRS. ' IT Portfolio Management describes in great detail the critical aspects, kw-how, practical examples, key insights, and best practices to improve operational efficiency, corporate agility, and business competitiveness. It eloquently illustrates the methods of building and integrating a portfolio of IT investments to ensure the realization of maximum value and benefit, and to fully leverage the value of all IT assets. Whether you are getting started or building on your initial success in IT portfolio management, this book will provide you information on how to build and implement an effective IT portfolio management strategy' -David Mitchell, President and CEO, webMethods, Inc. 'I found IT Portfolio Management very easy to read, and it highlights many of the seminal aspects and best practices from financial portfolio management. It is an important book for executive, business, and IT managers' - Michael J. Montgomery, President, Montgomery & Co. ' IT Portfolio Management details a comprehensive framework and process showing how to align business and IT for superior value. Maizlish and Handler have the depth of experience, kwledge, and insight needed to tackle the challenges and opportunities companies face in optimizing their IT investment portfolios. This is an exceptionally important book for executive leadership and IT business managers, especially those wanting to build a process-managed enterprise' - Peter Fingar, Executive Partner Greystone Group, coauthor of The Real-Time Enterprise and Business Process Management (BPM): The Third Wave . 'A must-read for the n-IT manager who needs to understand the complexity and challenges of managing an IT portfolio. The portfolio management techniques, analysis tools, and planning can be applied to any project or function' - Richard 'Max' Maksimoski, Senior Director R&D, The Scotts Company. 'This book provides an excellent framework and real-world based approach for implementing IT portfolio management. It is a must-read for every CIO staff considering how to strategically and operationally impact their company's bottom line' - Donavan R. Hardenbrook, New Product Development Professional, Intel Corporation.
- Author BiographyBryan Maizlish is Chief Technology Officer-Program Team at Lockheed Martin Integrated Systems & Solutions' GeoSpatial-Intelligence Solutions line of business. He is also the Chairman for the annual Strategic & Operational Portfolio Management conference cosponsored by the PDMA and IIR. He has served in management roles for companies that developed the Internet strategy, design and architecture, and systems integration and implementation for many global 2000 companies. He received his MBA from The Wharton School of Business, and was a member of the 1983 Rose Bowl Champion UCLA football team. He lives in Potomac, Maryland with his wife and three children. Robert Handler is Vice President at META Group, Inc., one of the leading IT research firms. Robert led the IT portfolio management research for META Group and is a sought-after speaker and author of numerous research papers on the topic. He has over fifteen years of experience in all aspects of information technology, and has worked at such esteemed organizations as IBM and Ernst & Young LLP. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Pepperdine University and an MBA in Information and Decision Systems from San Diego State University. He lives in San Diego with his wife, two children, and two golden retrievers.
- Author(s)Brian Maizlish,Robert Handler
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication03/06/2005
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight663 g
- Width164 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine34 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.