All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollow step-by-step guidance to craft a successful security program. You will identify with the paradoxes of information security and discover handy tools that hook security controls into business processes. Information security is more than configuring firewalls, removing viruses, hacking machines, or setting passwords. Creating and promoting a successful security program requires skills in organizational consulting, diplomacy, change management, risk analysis, and out-of-the-box thinking. What You Will Learn: * Build a security program that will fit neatly into an organization and change dynamically to suit both the needs of the organization and survive constantly changing threats * Prepare for and pass such common audits as PCI-DSS, SSAE-16, and ISO 27001 * Calibrate the scope, and customize security controls to fit into an organization's culture * Implement the most challenging processes, pointing out common pitfalls and distractions * Frame security and risk issues to be clear and actionable so that decision makers, technical personnel, and users will listen and value your advice Who This Book Is For: IT professionals moving into the security field; new security managers, directors, project heads, and would-be CISOs; and security specialists from other disciplines moving into information security (e.g., former military security professionals, law enforcement professionals, and physical security professionals)
- Author BiographyRay Pompon is currently the Director of Security at Linedata. With over 20 years of experience in Internet security, he works closely with Federal investigators in cyber-crime investigations and apprehensions. He has been directly involved in several major intrusion cases, including the FBI undercover Flyhook operation and the NW Hospital botnet prosecution. For six years, Ray was president and founder of the Seattle chapter of InfraGard, the FBI public-private partnership. He is a lecturer and on the board of advisors for three information assurance certificate programs at the University of Washington. Ray has written many articles and white papers on advanced technology topics and is frequently asked to speak as a subject matter expert on Internet security issues. National journalists have solicited and quoted his thoughts and perspective on the topic of computer security numerous times. He is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional as well as GIAC certified in the Law of Data Security & Investigations.
- Author(s)Raymond Pompon
- Date of Publication15/09/2016
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note22 black & white illustrations, 11 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight662 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.