Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $74.11Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis book includes the proceedings of the IUTAM Symposium on Fluid- Structure Interaction in Ocean Engineering, held in Hamburg, July 23-26, 2007. The study of gravity driven water waves interacting with fixed or freely floating objects is an active and important field of research in ocean engineering. The accurate prediction of large amplitude ship motions or of marine structures in severe seas is still a delicate problem in the field of fluid-structure interaction. While three-dimensional panel methods have reached the state of maturity in linear sea-keeping analysis, the original problem, governed by strongly nlinear boundary conditions, is far from being solved efficiently. The principal nlinearities are associated with the variable wetted surface of the ship hull or the floating body and with the nlinear hydrodynamic conditions on the free surface. Moreover, marine structures often must be modelled as multibody systems rather than a single body. This causes additional problems due to wave slamming on floating and fixed structures. Furthermore, problems such as coupled structural behavior of submerged or floating systems as well as various wind effects have to be considered for the proper design of offshore systems. This book collects contributions from leading scientists working on the following topics: ocean waves, probabilistic models of sea waves, fluid-loading on structures including pipes, cables, drill-strings etc., behavior of floating systems, stability and capsizing of ships, coupled structural behavior, sloshing in tanks, CFD validation and verification.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/06/2008
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Series TitleIUTAM Bookseries (Closed)
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 8
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight733 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byEdwin Kreuzer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.