Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $30.84Trending at AU $33.28
About this product
- DescriptionWhile Ian Fleming's extravagant and glamorous lifestyle is well kwn, little has been published concerning his contribution during the Second World War. As this book reveals, Fleming, the creator the iconic James Bond, 007, and a man who lived life in the fast lane, spent the Second World War in the 'cloak-and-dagger' world of intelligence, counter-intelligence and special force units. In the very early days of the War, Fleming was selected by the Director of Naval Intelligence as his 'right hand man'. From the outset he was in the centre of events, with access to key political and military figures as well as those of exceptional intelligence, experience and courage. All this was to give him invaluable background when he came to write the Bond vels in the post-war era. The author has uncovered through official documentation, private papers and contacts the depth of Fleming's work in Naval Intelligence. Fascinating insights emerge of those he worked with and details of covert trips to Europe and North Africa emerge. Of particular interest is Fleming's close association with 30 Assault Unit, a crack special team who took the fight to the enemy.Ian Fleming's Secret War lifts the veil of secrecy from one of the best kwn and charismatic literary names of the twentieth century.
- Author BiographyCraig Cabell is a journalist and author. His works include, in addition to Frederick Forsyth - A Matter of Protocol, The Kray Brothers, Dennis Wheatley - Churchill's Storyteller and VE Day - A Day to Remember (published by Pen and Sword Books).
- Author(s)Craig Cabell
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication25/01/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSouth Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Military
- Content Note8 B&W Photos
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.