All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe purpose of this series of volumes is to present a comprehensive view of the complications that result from the use of acceptable diagstic and therapeutic proce- dures. Individual volumes will deal with iatrogenic complications involving (I) the alimentary system, (2) the urinary system, (3) the respiratory and cardiac systems, (4) the skeletal system and (5) the pediatric patient. The term iatrogenic, derived from two Greek words, means physician-induced. Originally, it applied only to psychiatric disorders generated in the patient by autosug- gestion, based on misinterpretation of the doctor's attitude and comments. As clinically used, it w pertains to the inadvertent side-effects and complications created in the course of diagsis and treatment. The classic categories of disease have included: (1) congenital and developmental, (2) traumatic, (3) infectious and inflammatory, (4) metabolic, (5) neoplastic, and (6) degenerative. To these must be added, however, iatrogenic disorders-a major, although generally unackwledged, source of illness. While great advances in medical care in both diagsis and therapy have been accom- few decades, many are at times associated with certain side-effects plished in the past and risks which may result in distress equal to or greater than the basic condition. Iatrogenic complications, which may be referred to as diseases of medical progress, have become a new dimension in the causation of human disease.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/12/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleRadiology of Iatrogenic Disorders
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight662 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byP.G. Herman
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1983
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.