All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAndrea Maria Schenkel's second vel Ice Cold recreates Munich, Germany in the 1930s to revisit a terrible crime, and offers thrilling crime fiction that draws on historical events. Ice Cold, like The Murder Farm, is told through several voices and documentation, including interrogation logs, witness statements, and the murderer's own internal mologue.Munich in the late 1930s-the first years of fascism and the last before the war-is a dangerous place. Kathie is desperate to leave her sheltered village life and sets out for the city, determined that she'll get by, one way or ather. She is dark-haired, buxom and pretty, like the women who recently disappeared without a trace.Young women are being found around Munich, abused and murdered. Josef Kalteis has been arrested, but is he really responsible for all those misdeeds? Did they execute the wrong one while the murderer is still on the loose?Lost somewhere in between her naive search for luck and existential concerns, occasional prostitution and the desire for true love, Kathie is in grave danger.
- Author BiographyAndrea Maria Schenkel lives with her family near Regensburg, in Bavaria, Germany. On publication in Germany, her first novel, The Murder Farm, won the German Crime Prize as well as the Friedrich-Glauser Prize.
- Author(s)Andrea Maria Schenkel
- PublisherQuercus Books
- Date of Publication02/06/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuercus Books
- Weight227 g
- Width145 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $74.99Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $28.95Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.16Trending at AU $14.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.