All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $16.97
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
About this product
- DescriptionThe time is the tenth century A.D. The newcomers are a proud and bloody-minded people whose kings once changed themselves into wolves. The Norse have advanced as implacably as a glacier from Iceland to the wastes of Greenland ?and from there to the place they call ?Vinland the Good.? The natives are a bronze-skinned race who have t yet discovered iron and still see themselves as part of nature.As William T. Vollmann tells the converging stories of these two peoples?and of the Norsewomen Freydis and Gudrid, whose vemous rivalry brings frost into paradise?he creates a tour-de-force of ?speculative history, ? a vivid amalgam of Icelandic saga, Inuit creation myth, and contemporary travel writing that yields a new an utterly original vision of our continent and its past.
- Author BiographyWilliam T. Vollmann is the author of eight novels, three collections of stories, a memoir, and Rising Up and Rising Down, which was a finalist for the National Book Critics Circle Award in nonfiction. Vollman's writing has been published in The New Yorker, Harper's, The Paris Review, Esquire, Conjunctions, Granta, and many other magazines. He lives in California.
- Author(s)William T. Vollman
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/1993
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date30/01/2010
- Content Noteillustrations, maps
- Weight340 g
- Width133 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.