All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionMARCO POLO Iceland: theTravel Guide with Insider Tips With this up-to-date, authoritative guide you can experience all the sights andBest Of recommendations for Iceland. You can discover hotels and restaurants,trendy spots, and also pick up tips on what to do on a limited budget, ideasfor shopping as well as suggestions for travel with kids and sport andactivities. Also contains: Festivals & Events, In a Nutshell, Travel Tips,Links, Blogs, Apps & More, Useful Phrases in Icelandic and a comprehensiveindex. Iceland is a land full of contrasts, surprises and secrets. In the ancientvolcanic landscape you feel you've been transported back to the time when theearth was first created. The country's greatest treasure is its unique naturalworld, and medieval sagas are part of the national cultural heritage. With MARCO POLO Iceland nature lovers can experience a veritable El Dorado.This practical guide book, small eugh to slip into your pocket, takes you tothunderous geysers, massive glaciers, fascinating deserts of lava, blackbeaches, steep cliffs and breathtaking waterfalls. Become an adventurer and setoff on a riding or glacier tour. Unwind in hot pots, warm baths. Experience themidnight sun weaving its magic and the beguiling enchantment of the polarlights. Or go shopping in the lively mini-metropolis of Reykjavik. The Insider Tips tell you where it's good value to camp and where you can godiving between continental plates. The Best Of pages succinctly tell you what'sunique to Iceland, where there are great places for free, where's nice on rainydays and where you can relax and chill out. On the Perfect Tour you'll get tokw Iceland in all its glory. The tips on what to do on a limited budget ineach chapter show how you can experience a great deal with very little moneyand snap up some real bargains. Get to kw the cultural monuments andexperience the highlands. Trips & Tours take you to glaciers and geysers,through wasteland and to waterfalls. On water and on land, on glaciers and onlakes: there are possibilities for outdoor activities everywhere in Iceland.You'll find the most important suggestions in the Sport & Activitieschapter. The Dos and Don'ts advise you kw why you should wear swimwear in theshower and why you should t mock the myths. MARCO POLO Iceland gives comprehensive coverage of all the islands regions. Tohelp you find your way around there's a detailed road atlas with street atlasof Reykjavik inside the back cover and additional, removable pull-out map.
- Author BiographyMarco Polo Travel Publishing offers a wide range of highquality cartographic products and travel guides. Marco Polo Pocket Guides are known for theirhandy, compact format and Insider Tips. Our Travel Handbooks are the first to include infographics and ourSpiral Guides feature unique lay-flat spiral binding. Marco Polo Maps are famous for the highquality of cartography in their Country, City and Holiday Maps.
- Author(s)Marco Polo
- PublisherMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication16/01/2013
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMarco Polo Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationOstfildern
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight249 g
- Width109 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.