Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionArtist Ida Applebroog uses a wide variety of media to express themes of struggles within gender and political roles. <i>Scripts</i> is a facsimile of a compilation of handwritten tes, storyboards, mise-en-scene drawings and musical tations. Among the fragments on these pages: Silences are the undercurrent of all dramatic events. Each performance should be more of silence than words. Any silence must be punctuated by sound eventually. Antation in several colors indicates that the artist has intensively worked through her tes several times. For Applebroog, the staged scenes function as a mode of narration, and the narratives are t meant to be truths; the characters simply are. With only a few words and brief instructions, Applebroog develops stage plays of great dramatic density that she simultaneously comments on, questions, and interprets.
- PublisherHatje Cantz
- Date of Publication31/01/2012
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationOstfildern
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintHatje Cantz
- Content Note26 illustrations
- Weight68 g
- Width176 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.