All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSuitable for academics and professionals alike, this book serves as a sustainable design process road map for the creation of the zero carbon home typology. Chapter One, entitled Team, gives due consideration to the particular effect the sustainability agenda had on both the client and architect in the creation of a ground breaking green residential prototype. It goes further to define the brief and how it was born out of an interdisciplinary collaboration amongst a broader consortium of built environment professionals. The role of the architect, as a conduit to these different built environment professionals, is explored in order to highlight the increasing importance of a style of project leadership that embraces a broader interdisciplinary understanding of the pertinent issues facing the design team stakeholders. This similarly allows for an exploration of the process of design, and in particular the role of the interdisciplinary workshop in its ability to optimize project efficiency and minimize waste. The importance of being able to demonstrate the prototype's sustainable credentials permits a brief overview of some of the global assessment methods that can act as prompts for thinking during the design process as well as being credible green marketing tools. It also covers the reasons behind why particular assessment methods were chosen. It is balanced by an overview of why more quantitative measuring criteria (eg carbon foot printing) are needed in order to further calculate and demonstrate a development's environmental impact through more objective means. The importance of understanding the social and spatial intricacies of the residential typology through similarly objective means is also explored.
- Author BiographyProf. Jason Pomeroy is an award winning architect, academic and director of International design practice, Broadway Malyan. In addition to co-directing their Singapore office, he lectures and publishes widely in his research field of vertical urbanism and carbon zero development. He is an honorary professor of Nottingham University; and adjunct professor at the Mapua Institute of Technology and Universiti Teknologi Malaysia.
- Author(s)Jason Pomeroy
- PublisherOro Editions
- Date of Publication15/10/2011
- Place of PublicationSan Rafael
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOro Editions
- Content Note50 ills 200 photos
- Weight953 g
- Width254 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.