All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contains nearly one thousand individual ideas and bits of advice for teaching. Topics range from preparing for a session to looking over the classroom, and from dealing with questions to using visuals, Web pages, and handouts. There are suggestions for teaching audiences with different learning styles as well as teaching foreign students (and vice versa). Group learning ideas and practical suggestions for what to put on feedback forms are also included. Promoting library instruction, teaching via distance education, dealing with disruptive students, and coping with burut are addressed with applicable recommendations. There is an extensive bibliography and recommended resources throughout for additional or more detailed descriptions of some of the ideas. Example syllabi and a workshop outline are provided as appendixes.
- Author BiographyNaomi Lederer is an Associate Professor and Reference Librarian at the Morgan Library at Colorado State University in Fort Collins, Colorado.
- Author(s)Naomi Lederer
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication20/10/2005
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width196 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.