All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionIdeas of Human Nature presents twelve of the most influential western thinkers on the topic of human nature. This updated second edition includes new chapters on Locke and Kant and a new conclusion on postmodernism. The thinkers are all examined in their historical context and their relevance to contemporary controversies is discussed. The issues covered include perennial philosophical problems such as the connection between mind and body; life after death; the role of reason; free will and determinism; the relationship between the individual and society; and the problem of relativism. This is a key text for anyone interested in the theories that have affected the course of human history and continue to interest and challenge us today.
- Author BiographyRoger Trigg is Professor of Philosophy at the University of Warwick. His publications include Rationality and Religion (Blackwell, 1998), Rationality and Science (Blackwell, 1993) and Understanding Social Science (Blackwell, 1985). He was the first President (1993-6) of the British Society for the Philosophy of Religion, and in 1996-7 was Stanton Lecturer in the Philosophy of Religion at the University of Cambridge. He is currently President of the Mind Association.
- Author(s)Professor Roger Trigg
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication12/09/1999
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight384 g
- Width141 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.