All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI kw there is something wrong, but what? How do I kw if outside help for this child is needed? How do I tell parents that their child could have a learning difficulty? These are questions that most nursery workers will have to face during their careers, and questions which this new edition of Identifying Additional Learning Needs sets out to answer. Based on the experiences of real children and typical situations in early years settings, this book will be an invaluable companion for early years practitioners who care for and educate young children with additional learning needs. Attention Deficit Disorder, dyspraxia, dyslexia and autism are some of the difficulties explained in depth, with detailed suggestions to help support children with these special needs. Chapters in this fully revised new edition: * explore the process of early identification; * show how to make inclusion a reality in the nursery; * tackle the complex issue of dealing with parents; * discuss techniques for skilled and informed observation and assessment. * Include developmental charts to allow a child's progress to be monitored and celebrated. Each chapter has an explanation section supported by a set of practical strategies to support both the child and the practitioner. Throughout this lively and informative book, Christine Macintyre uses case studies to highlight the importance of listening to young children and shows how making time for listening is vital to providing exactly the right level of help and support.
- Author BiographyChristine Macintyre, formerly a teacher and lecturer at Moray House, Edinburgh University, now works as an early years consultant specialising in the field of movement development. She is currently working with staff who teach children with profound and complex needs and has written many books based on researching developmental issues.
- Author(s)Christine Macintyre
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/07/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleEssential Guides for Early Years Practitioners
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 17 black & white tables, 3 black & white halftones, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight204 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.