All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionThe intense circulation of people, contents and goods that characterises the current process of globalisation has led to unprecedented cultural encounters, which can be perceived either as the source of conflicts or opportunities for dialogue. This volume adopts a multidisciplinary approach to address issues that emerge at the confluence of identity and culture ; and in their articulation, with the involvement of distinct geographic factors, by means of analyses of the tions and discourses involving such concepts, and the examination of specific intersectional contexts. From the macro- to the micro-level, from the collective to the individual, and the real to the constructed, then to the imagined and back to the real; from ideology to utopia, isolation to integration, and from belonging to possessing , the book discusses the role of shared spatialities in the forging of commonalities, and the multiple aspects that influence the formation of identity and the legitimation of cultural practices, as well as introducing conceptual tools like dialogue zones and homely landscapes .
- Author BiographyFernando Kuhn, PhD, worked as a journalist (reporter and editor) for Brazilian magazines and newspapers and was a visiting scholar at the University of London's School of Oriental and African Studies. Taking part in international conferences, publishing articles in academic journals and contributing as associate editor for The International Journal of the Humanities and The International Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, he is currently a researcher at the Universidade Metodista de Sao Paulo, Brazil, and chair of the Maps of Dialogue working group of the International Society for the Study of European Ideas.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byFernando Kuhn
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.