All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $32.43Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is a collection of empirical studies investigating the ways and means through which culturally-shaped identities are manifested in and through discourse in documents and texts from multiple spheres of social action. It also looks at possible ways in which understanding and acceptance of diverse cultural identities can be moulded and developed through appropriate education. Language being one of the most evident and powerful 'markers' of cultural identity, discourse and text are sites where cultures are both constructed and displayed and where identities are negotiated. The approaches to the analysis of culture and identity adopted here to account for the multifaceted realisations of cultural identities in the texts and documents taken into consideration span from multimodality, to discourse and genre analysis, to corpus linguistics and text analysis. The volume then offers a varied picture of approaches to the scientific enquiry into the multifaceted manifestations of identity in and across national, professional, and disciplinary cultures.
- Author BiographyPaola Evangelisti Allori is Senior Professor of English and English Linguistics at the Universita degli Studi di Roma 'Foro Italico' where she also served as Director of the Language Centre and Head of the Department of Education for Sport and Human Movement. Her research has focused on the language/culture interaction in domain specific-discourse both academic and professional, and has published extensively on comparative analyses of specialized discourse in various disciplinary areas and fields of action.
- Author(s)Paola Evangelisti Allori
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication30/04/2014
- Series TitleLinguistic Insights
- Series Part/Volume Number189
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Note30, 30 Ills.
- Weight460 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.