Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book brings together a collection of essays which reflect the changing currents in feminist theories and in gender studies. Increased interest in questions of identity has led to a re-appraisal of the dominant views within feminism and has also brought to the fore recent developments in the study of masculinities. The interventions of black feminists and other marginalized identities, as well as theoretical shifts produced by postmodernism, provide an opportunity to explore these changes and their implications for education. Drawing on different disciplines - sociology, education, women's studies, psychology and history - this volume addresses the issues from a range of perspectives - biographical, theoretical, and research-orientated. It brings in from the margins the voices of 'difference' within the English-speaking world and places them at the centre, thus making a bold and unique contribution to the study of gender. With its broad content, the book is also a valuable resource for work in the fields of women's studies, feminism, education and cultural studies; moreover, it responds to the growing interest in autobiography and life history.
- Author BiographyMaud Blair is Lecturer in Education at The Open University. She is Chair of the Open University course ED356, 'Race', Education and Society, and is Co-chair with Janet Holland of the course E826, Gender Issues in Education: Equality and Difference. Janet Holland is Lecturer in Education at the Open University and Senior Research Lecturer at The Institute of Education, London University.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication03/01/1995
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleOpen University Books
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight576 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJanet Holland,Maud Blair
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.