Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionThe search for identity is a continuous challenge in the global world: from personal identity to social, national, European or professional identities, each person experiences wadays a multi-dimensional self-representation. Placing the topic against an intercultural background, with a focus on communication, this book addresses the complicated relationship between self, identity, and society, from an academic perspective. The authors of the chapters in this book offer a complex landscape of professional and scholar approaches and research, in various parts of the world, including Canada, China, Estonia, France, Greece, Israel, Romania, and the United States of America.
- Author BiographyDr Nicoleta Corbu is Associate Professor and Dean of the College of Communication and Public Relations, National University of Political Studies and Public Administration, Bucharest, Romania. She is currently the executive director of the Center for Research in Communication, and has published books in the area of theories of communication, political communication, semiotics of advertising. Her research interests are currently focused on European identity, framing analysis, media effects, and education policies. A former journalist, Dr Dana Popescu-Jourdy is Associate Director of the Institute of Communication at Universite Lumiere Lyon 2, France, where she currently lectures in History of Media and Visual Semiotics. She also leads the Master's program in Communication, humanitarian action and solidarity . Her research focuses on discourses of and on war, economic information, as well as speeches and communication practices of NGOs. Her latest works are related to mediation in multi-stakeholder projects. Dr Tudor Vlad is Associate Director of the James M. Cox Jr. Center for International Mass Communication and Research, Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication, University of Georgia, USA. He has written on the assessment of press freedom indicators, evaluation of international media assistance programs, media systems in emerging democracies, media management in post-totalitarian regimes, and journalism and mass communication curricula. He has been a consultant to The New York Times, to the Russian Journalists' Union (RUJ), a Gallup World Poll Senior Research Advisor, and a Freedom House senior ranking adviser.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Weight1007 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edited byDana Popescu-Jourdy,Nicoleta Corbu,Tudor Vlad
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.