All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection presents numerous discoveries and fresh insights into music and musical practices that shaped distinctly localized individual and collective identities in pre-modern and early modern Europe. Contributions by leading and emerging European music experts fall into three areas: plainchant traditions in Aquitania and the Iberian peninsula during the first 700 years of the second millennium; late medieval musical aesthetics, traditions and practices in Paris, Padua, Prague and more generally England, Germany and Spain; and local traditions in Renaissance Augsburg and Baroque Naples and Dresden. In addition to in-depth readings of anymous musical traditions, contributors provide new details concerning the lives and music of well-kwn composers such as Ademar de Chabannes, Bartoli da Padova, Ciconia, Josquin, Senfl, Alessandro Scarlatti, Heinichen and Zelenka. This book will appeal to a broad range of readers, including chant scholars, medievalists, music historians, and anyone interested in music's place in pre-modern and early modern European culture.
- Author BiographyDr Jason Stoessel currently lectures on music history, musical cultures and music theory at the University of New England, Armidale, Australia. He has published on several topics in late medieval music, including notational process in early fifteenth-century manuscripts, intertextual process in the music of Johannes Ciconia, and editing late medieval songs. His current research is directed to investigating musical culture in late medieval Padua.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/11/2009
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 10 b&w illustrations and 25 music examples
- Weight654 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byJason Stoessel
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.