All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe definition of ideology continues to occupy scholars across a wide range of disciplines. In this book, Teun A van Dijk sketches a challenging new multidisciplinary framework for theorizing ideology. He defines ideology as the basis of the social representations of a group, its functions in terms of social relations between groups, and its reproduction as enacted by discourse. Contemporary racist discourse is examined to illustrate these ideological relations between cognition, society and discourse.
- Author BiographyTeun A. van Dijk is a Visiting Professor at Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona. From 1980 to 2006 he held a personal chair as Professor of Discourse Studies at the University of Amsterdam. A world leading scholar of discourse studies and author of over 250 books and articles, he edits the SAGE journals Disourse & Society, Discourse Studies, and Discourse and Communication.
- Author(s)Teun A. van Dijk
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication05/02/1998
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight543 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.