Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis text describes and evaluates recent language planning and policy in the British Isles. Issues including mirity language rights, language resources for the state and the citizen, and problems such as the standard English battle and policy for Welsh and Gaelic are analysed against the background of detailed study of contemporary British society and politics.
- Author BiographyDennis Ager is is Emeritus Professor of Modern Languages at Aston University, UK. His interests lie in language behaviour at the interface between language and society. He is the author of Sociolinguistics and Contemporary French (Cambridge University Press, 1990) and of Language, Community and the State (Intellect, 1997). His most recent books on language policy are Identity, Insecurity and Image. France and Language (Multilingual Matters, No 112) (Multilingual Matters, 1999) and Motivation in Language Planning and Language Policy (Multilingual Matters, No 119) (Multilingual Matters, 2001).
- Author(s)Dennis E. Ager
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication21/05/2003
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleMultilingual Matters
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 124
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Weight299 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.