All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
About this product
- DescriptionIdeology and the Politics of (In)Exclusion provides an international analysis of the politics of research and practice in special education. The contributors to this volume establish purposeful connections to the micropolitics of disability identification and the macropolitics of social structure and describe various geographic locales, recount multiple historical contexts, rely upon differing sources of evidence, and as a consequence, relate a more complex and richly layered analysis of educational inclusion. Ideology and the Politics of (In)Exclusion breaks away from the prevailing discourse on educational inclusion as that which occurs in a vacuum, separate from social inclusion, by providing a close analysis of the narrow frameworks, historic influence, and research tensions that underwrite current special education practice.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Linda Ware received her Ph.D. in special education from the University of Kansas. She is Associate Professor and head of the special education program at City College-City University of New York. She has held visiting appointments at Syracuse University and The University of Illinois-Chicago in the Department of Disability and Human Development. Her former appointments were in teacher education programs in both general and special education. Most recently, her publications have appeared in Hypatia: The Journal of Feminist Philosophy and the Journal of Teacher Education.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number270
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight310 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byJoe L. Kincheloe,Linda Ware,Shirley R. Steinberg
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.