All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis new revised edition includes an updated bibliography, a new glossary and index and fresh suggestions for further reading, as well as a discussion of ideology after September 11. Ideology: *traces the history of the term and the debates which surround it, from Machiavelli to the present day *asks why ideology matters *examines ideology within the critical frameworks of empiricism, idealism, Marxism, post-Marxism and postmodernism. With plenty of clear examples to illuminate the discussion, Ideology offers an accessible introduction to this controversial and widely debated critical concept.
- Author BiographyDavid Hawkes teaches at Lehigh University, Pennsylvania. His recent publications include Idols of the Marketplace: Idolatry and Commodity Fetishism in English Literature 1580-1680.
- Author(s)David Hawkes
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/05/2003
- SubjectLiterary Theory
- Series TitleThe New Critical Idiom
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteglossary, further reading, bibliography, index
- Weight181 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.