All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis Greek grammar, newly revised and reset for the second edition, can be used profitably in three ways: as an instrucitve handbook, as an intermediate level textbooks and as a basic reference work to the Greek of the New Testament. Students needing a tool to guide them from elementary textbooks to fully fledged reference grammars will welcome Idioms of the Greek New Testament. The major topics of Greek grammar are treated in a useful pedagogical sequence. Substantial discussions are provided on Greek verb structure, the case system, the use of prepositions, particles, and various types of clauses, among others. This book charts new ground in many of its chapters. Among the invative treatments are those on tense and aspectm mood and attitude, conditional clauses, word order and clause structure, and discourse analysis. The entire grammar is written with one eye on the traditional categories of Greek grammar and with the other on recent discussions of structural linguistics. Reference to other Greek grammars is made throughout, and a glossary of terms and full indexes are provided.
- Author BiographyStanley E. Porter is Principal, Dean and Professor of New Testament, McMaster Divinity College, Canada.
- Author(s)Stanley E. Porter
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/07/1992
- Series TitleBiblical Languages: Greek
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSheffield Academic Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight478 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.