All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionA new collection from one of our favorite poets. Fourteen Idiot Psalms, surrounded by dozens of other poems, make this his most challenging collection yet. Idiot Psalm 1 O God Beloved if obliquely so, dimly apprehended in the midst of this, the fraught obscuring fog of my insufficiently capacious ken, Ostensible Lover of our kind-while apparently aloof-allow that I might glimpse once more Your shadow in the land, avail for me, a second time, the sense of dire Presence in the pulsing hollow near the heart. Once more, O Lord, from Your Ermity incline your Face to shine upon Your servant, shy of immolation, if You will.
- Author BiographyScott Cairns is the author of five previous collections of poetry: The Theology of Doubt, The Translation of Babel, Figures for the Ghost, Recovered Body, and Philokalia. He is currently Professor of English and Director of Creative Writing at the University of Missouri. His spiritual memoir, A Short Trip to the Edge, will be published in 2007.
- Author(s)Scott Cairns
- PublisherParaclete Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationOrleans
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintParaclete Press
- Weight136 g
- Width142 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.