All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a passionate, thought-provoking account of the life of E. V. Morand, the author's Jewish-Irish grandfather, in inter-war New York. In recounting Morand's radical journey through religion and politics, his struggles with anti-Semitism and the twists and turns that led him from anti-fascism to militant Zionism, Marqusee paints a rich picture of the city's seamy political life; in the process he argues for a richer, more multi-dimensional understanding of Jewish history and identity.
- Author BiographyMIKE MARQUSEE'S books include Wicked Messenger: Bob Dylan and the 1960s, Redemption Song: Muhammad Ali and the Spirit of the Sixties, War Minus the Shooting and Anyone but England. He is a regular contributor to the Guardian and writes a fortnightly column for the Indian newspaper The Hindu. He lives in London.
- Author(s)Mike Marqusee
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication01/02/2010
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Weight340 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.