All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a heartfelt and wondrous debut lauded by Philipp Meyer (New York Times bestselling author of The Son) as astonishing , introducing a supremely gifted and exciting new voice in fiction. Will has never been to the outside, at least t since he can remember. And he has certainly never got to kw anyone other than his mother, a fiercely loving yet wildly eccentric agoraphobe who drowns in panic at the thought of opening the front door. Their little world comprises only the rooms in their home, each named for various exotic locales and filled with Will's art projects. But soon the confines of his world close in on him. Despite his mother's protests, Will ventures outside clad in a protective helmet and braces himself for danger. He eventually meets and befriends Jonah, a quiet boy who introduces him to skateboarding. Will welcomes his new world with enthusiasm, his fears fading and his body hardening with each new bump, scrape and fall. But life quickly gets complicated. When a local boy goes missing, Will and Jonah want to uncover what happened. They embark on an extraordinary adventure that pulls Will far from the confines of his closed-off world and into the throes of early adulthood and the dangers that everyday life offers. If I Fall, If I Die is a remarkable debut full of dazzling prose and unforgettable characters, as well as a poignant and heartfelt depiction of coming of age.
- Author BiographyMichael Christie received an MFA from the University of British Columbia and is a former professional skateboarder. His story collection, The Beggar's Garden, was a finalist for a number of major Canadian prizes and the winner of the City of Vancouver Book Award. He lives with his family on Galiano Island, British Columbia. If I Fall, If I Die is his debut novel.
- Author(s)Michael Christie
- Date of Publication03/12/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWindmill Books
- Weight239 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.34Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $75.03Trending at AU $77.30
- AU $60.07Trending at AU $61.06
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.58Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.