All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionIf Not Me, Who? What One Man Accomplished in His Battle for Equality covers the life of civil rights activist and civic leader Wendell H. Baker Sr. from his birth to eighty plus years of age. Both Baker's life and his book were singularly critical achievements. This newly edited edition of Baker's If Not Me, Who? includes materials from two other authors--retired Texas Southern University scholar Naomi W. Lede, whose work originally was also published in Baker's original book, and political leader and consultant James A. Baker, who learned from Wendell Baker and his brother that they were distant cousins.
- Author BiographyWendell H. Baker Sr. was born in West Walker County, Texas, USA. Baker served as a teacher and principal in the Huntsville Independent School District and was partly responsible for spurring integration at Sam Houston State University. Milton Jordan is a native Texan, born in Waco and reared in East Texas and Houston, USA. He graduated from Southwestern University with a BA in history and received a Master of Divinity degree from Southern Methodist University. A past president of the East Texas Historical Association, he is retired and lives in Georgetown. Bruce Glasrud is Professor Emeritus of History at California State University, East Bay, USA; retired dean in the School of Arts and Sciences at Sul Ross State University, USA; and a Fellow of the Texas State Historical Association.
- Author(s)Wendell H. Baker
- PublisherStephen F. Austin State University Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2014
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStephen F. Austin State University Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight253 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byBruce Glasrud,Milton S. Jordan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.