All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.20
- AU $28.50Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $22.74
About this product
- Description<b> One of the most important and gifted writers of our time Italo Calvi</b> In the final days of World War II, a courageous band of Jewish partisans makes its way from Russia to Italy, moving toward the ultimate goal of Palestine. Based on a true story, <i>If Not Now, When?</i>chronicles their adventures as they wage a personal war of revenge against the Nazis: blowing up trains, rescuing the last victims of concentration camps, scoring victories in the face of unspeakable devastation. Primo Levi captures the landscape and the people of Eastern Europe in vivid detail, depicting as well the terrible bleakness of war-ridden Europe. But finally, what he gives us is a tribute to the strength and ingenuity of the human spirit.
- Author Biography<b>Primo Levi</b> (1919-1987), an Italian Jew, did not come to the wide attention of the English-reading audience until the last years of his life. A survivor of the Holocaust and imprisonment in Auschwitz, Levi is considered to be one of the century's most compelling voices, and <i>The Periodic Table</i> is his most famous book. Levi is also the author of <i>Moments of Reprieve</i>.
- Author(s)Primo Levi
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication26/08/2004
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date05/03/2013
- Weight249 g
- Width130 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.