Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionI shall shortly be eighty-eight. High time to be giving serious thought to the direction my life should be taking. In an upper-crust retirement home, Geoffrey Wythenshaw sits down to write his memoir. But he faces constant interruption from his fellow residents, attending staff and an invasion of downmarket pensioners from the Cairngorms. Some of them seek his wisdom, others only distraction. Examining with heart and humour what it means to grow old, N. F. Simpson's If So, Then Yes premiered at the Jermyn Street Theatre, London, in September 2010, in a production by Presence Theatre.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1919, N. F. Simpson's works include A Resounding Tinkle (1957), The Hole (1957) and One Way Pendulum (1959), all of which premiered at the Royal Court Theatre, London, under the direction of William Gaskill. In 1964, a film of One Way Pendulum was released featuring Jonathan Miller, who in 1988 staged the play at the Old Vic Theatre. The Cresta Run (1965) and Was He Anyone? (1972) followed. A Resounding Tinkle, along with Simpson's work Gladly Otherwise, was revived in a sell-out production at the Donmar Warehouse in 2007. His last play If So, Then Yes premiered in a production by Presence Theatre at the Jermyn Street Theatre, London, in 2010. Simpson wrote extensively for the BBC and ITV, including the hit Elementary, My Dear Watson, featuring John Cleese. In 2008, the BFI screened a season devoted to his work for film and television. He is the subject of a BBC Radio 4 documentary, Reality is an Illusion Caused by Lack of N.F. Simpson. N. F. Simpson died in 2011.
- Author(s)N. F. Simpson
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication02/09/2010
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight110 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.