All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.98
About this product
- DescriptionAs the American Civil War began to run down the southern Virginia town of Martinsville in Henry County saw one of the last actions of that war. A Confederate cavalry regiment under the command of James T. Wheeler met the brigade of Union Brevet Brigadier General William J. Palmer on April 8, 1865. The result was a victory for the United States forces. This book tells the story of that fight for Martinsville and the life of Palmer, who was born a Quaker in Delaware and ended his life as a millionaire businessman in Colorado.
- Author BiographyHistorian Thomas D. Perry is the author of over thirty books on regional history along the North Carolina and Virginia border. Perry worked to preserve J. E. B. Stuart's birthplace in the 1990s after studying history at Virginia Tech under Dr. James I. Robertson, Jr.
- Author(s)Thomas D Perry
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication03/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.