All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.85
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a beautifully written vel about a widow in Ohio dealing with the loss of her husband and country. After he died she has to make a decision: go back to India, the place where her fondest memories were born, or remain in Ohio with her only son and his American wife. She marvels at how successful he has been adjusting to American culture - eating American food, wearing American clothes, and even speaking the way Americans do - but, she questions whether or t she will be able to assimilate herself. With the voice of her deceased husband to guide her, she struggles to gain perspective on her new life while watching the drama of her son's life as an immigrant in American unfold.
- Author BiographyThrity Umrigar is the author of five other novels-The World We Found, The Weight of Heaven, The Space Between Us, If Today Be Sweet, and Bombay Time-and the memoir First Darling of the Morning. An award-winning journalist, she has been a contributor to the Washington Post, Boston Globe, and Huffington Post, among other publications. She is the winner of the Nieman Fellowship to Harvard, Cleveland Arts Prize, and Seth Rosenberg Prize, and is the Armington Professor of English at Case-Western Reserve University.
- Author(s)Thrity Umrigar
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication05/06/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleP.S.
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.