All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- Description1-2-3-4! With that quick count-off, four hoppin' cretins from Queens who called themselves the Ramones launched the 1970s musical revolution kwn as punk rock. And ever since, popular music hasn't been the same. Perhaps the most imitated band of all time, the Ramones stripped rock 'n' roll down to its bare bones and beating heart and handed it back to the people, making it fun again and reminding everyone that, hey, they could do this, too. But da brudders didn't just influence their key comrades in the original punk explosion. Their raw, tough sound and divine gift of enduring, melodic songcraft has power-drilled its way into musical styles as divergent as college rock, power pop, hardcore punk, thrash metal, grunge, and the avant-garde, and continues to be felt in newer waves of young acts. And what about the music that influenced the Ramones themselves-early rock 'n' roll, surf rock, British Invasion sounds, garage rock, girl groups, hard rock, bubblegum, proto-punk, and glam rock? Or the nmusical stuff that also warped the skulls beneath those trademark bowl haircuts-weird movies, cartoons, trashy TV shows, comic books, and other cultural jetsam? It's all here, just waiting for you to discover and dig. Hey Ho, Let's Go!
- Author BiographyPETER AARON is the music editor of Chronogram magazine and the front man of influential New York punk blues band the Chrome Cranks. His writing has appeared in the Village Voice, the Boston Herald, and other publications, and online at AllMusic and All About Jazz. In the 1980s he promoted early concerts by Nirvana, the Flaming Lips, White Zombie, and others.
- Author(s)Peter Aaron
- PublisherHal Leonard Corporation
- Date of Publication18/10/2013
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleIf You Like Series
- Place of PublicationMilwaukee
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBackbeat Books
- Content NotePhotos Throughout
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.